All our developments are BREEAM Excellent and EPC A rated
Put simply, removing carbon from our operation and assets is not about words and offsetting but about science, which is why we have committed to becoming validated for working to science-based whole life carbon reduction targets. As part of this journey, we will leave no stone unturned in mitigating potential harm to the environment through the construction and operation of the assets that we deliver for our customers.
That is why we have committed to the following measures:
- The inclusion of a whole life carbon assessment for an asset, delivered to the RICS methodology, as part of our drive to remove carbon from our operation – let’s face it, how can we remove it if we don’t know where the carbon lies
- Compliance, as a minimum, with the UK Government’s Environment Bill to deliver a minimum of 10% Biodiversity Net Gain on every development, leaving a legacy of green space to improve stakeholder physical and mental wellbeing as well as a rich biodiverse landscape
- Shaping the design of assets around it’s building performance over an agreed life span, rather than using traditional design approaches
- Working to the RIBA 2030 Climate Challenge and the LETI Guide building performance targets to meet and accelerate our progress towards a net positive operation
- Moving from a linear economy to a circular one to optimise resource efficiency, stop unnecessary waste and build in residual material value to the assets we deliver
Protecting and enhancing the value of your investment is our core aim.
“Occupiers are now more willing to put their money where their mouth is,” says Kamya Miglani, Director, Corporate Solutions Research, Asia Pacific, JLL. “The majority will pay to go greener when approaching new tenancy agreements.” 22nd June 2021.
COP26 demonstrated eloquently that reducing inequality is the other side of the climate emergency coin. That is why we work closely with our preferred supply chains to improve the life chances of individuals, support jobs and the economy by buying within UK borders (and more locally) wherever possible and create working environments that remove possibilities of bonded labour.
We balance the converging priorities of keeping global warming below globally agreed levels (1.5 degrees 2021), social and economic wellbeing and financial restrictions to deliver high performing assets that add value over their life.
We are delivering Net Zero, BREEAM Excellent, EPC A quality buildings and this will become the norm for our developments in the future.